Wednesday, April 4, 2012

in a month

Actually, in less than a month, the Simpsons will have moved into their new home. I'm so very excited that this is happening, but I'm also overwhelmed at all the things that need to get done (or the things I want to get done). Among them:

1) Pack. Obviously. We haven't packed in six years.

2) Choose paint colors. I want Levi's room painted in almost the same blue, but something a little lighter/gray that is more sophisticated for a sophisticated almost-two-year-old boy. Hah. Do you have any idea how many blues there are? And how easy it is to go too gray, too purple or too green? We also want to have the baby girl's paint color picked so they don't clash. And we want to paint the master bedroom. I think we'll stick with the color we have now since it's just so soothing to look at.

3) Think about packing. This goes back to item #1, but I seriously think I'll spend more time THINKING about packing than actually packing. I mentally tally up how much stuff we have in various places around the house and how many boxes will it take.

Well, I guess that's my short list. Short, but big! I'm so glad we are hiring professional movers...

No comments:

Post a Comment