Friday, May 3, 2013

last MOPS of the season

So today was the last MOPS meeting for the season. My how much things have changed for us since the beginning this past fall.

Then: a newborn and a young two year old.
Now: a cruiser/crawler with her first tooth and an almost three-year-old who uses the potty.

Then: keeping Wendy with me, nursing her under a cover and hoping she naps and sleeps peacefully during the meeting.
Now: dropping Wendy off in the nursery, letting her nap in the lap of one of the ladies there, and not even being called back to nurse her.

Then: Levi giving me cryptic little clues about what he did at MOPS (like doing open and shut with his hands, from Wheels on the Bus, and me knowing that I didn't teach him that.)
Now: having conversations with Levi about what he did, who his friends are there, and knowing he enjoys himself there.




I love being part of the Mothers of Preachoolers group. I am excited to be more involved next year as a discussion group leader, and I'm already marveling at the thought of dropping off Wendy in the walkers room where she'll do crafts and get her own little snack. It's amazing to think of time marching onward and to be blessed by my part in this journey.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment