Thursday, September 26, 2013

he's definitely my son

I'm beginning to realize how similar Levi and I are. I think I need to keep that in mind when we butt heads. It's like trying to win an argument with myself!

Anyway, Andy and I were discussing Thanksgiving plans, trying to talk through the idea of us hosting the meal at our house. Levi keeps piping up with his ideas for who we should invite. This is how our conversation goes:

"You know Levi, you are old enough this year, you are going to have to be in charge of something this year," I tell him.

"What's it going to be?" he asks me, with wide eyes.

I'm trying to come up with something on the fly. Perhaps he can be in charge of mashing potatoes or stirring the cranberry sauce. Andy suggests that he can set the table. That idea makes me cringe... it's not often I get to make my house look nice for a special occassion. I'd rather it not look like a preschooler set the table.

"I don't know yet, Levi. Do you have any ideas what you can do?" I turn the table back to him.

"I can make something!" he says. "I will build a new chair."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, with a high chair on it. And then I will build a new table. A big one. And I will build a new house. And a new tree!"

He's getting carried away. I know of no one else who gets carried away with grand to-do lists. Eh hmm... *thatwouldbeme*... eh hmm.

"Really? Do you think we should paint the house, too?" I ask.

"Yes! I will paint it yellow. And blue. And red and green. And I will build it all!" He looks triumphant now that he has a plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment