Tuesday, June 5, 2012

the baby girl's dresser

This is something I've always wanted to do... take a piece of furniture from Craigslist and transform it. We bought this dresser for $45 off Craigstlist back in March.


It was really solid wood with this stripey pattern on the tops and sides.





First I removed all the hardware and filled the holes with wood filler.


Then I had to sand. Yay for my new orbital sander I got from my brother and sister-in-law for my birthday! Face mask, eye goggles and ear plugs, oh my!



Here's a sanding-in-progress shot.


The little sander collected a LOT of dust in its little vacuum bag that I emptied into a tin.


Then we had to prime. Two coats of primer. (My mom had to do this part because of the fumes. Used a foam roller and did two coats.)


Priming almost done.


Then onto painting. I used my favorite Benjamin Moore Natura paint because it has zero VOCs and I'm allowed to work with it. The color is Sweet Butter 171. 


Then I positioned these bird wall decals I got for $24 on Amazon. I had extras that I even gave away afterwards. I thought about putting them up on the walls, but I already have plans for the walls and as my mom said, you don't want too much of a good thing.


Bird decals are placed, then we did knobs and...


Ta da!!! The dresser is done and in the nursery. I love how pink looks with yellow.








1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! and I spy some super cute coral frames over there in the corner... eeeks!

    ReplyDelete