Monday, November 7, 2011

taking a break

So we thought we found the perfect house. Five bedrooms, hardwood floors, nice back yard, good neighborhood, etc. Then we did the inspection and spent some more time in the house. It's hard to really put a finger on the biggest reason, but we decided that it was not the right house for us after all.

I wasn't excited about the house. I didn't want to share pictures with people. I was mourning the loss of my house more than dreaming about the new house. And trust me, I tried to get excited! I know I'm not the best person when it comes to accepting change, but after lots of discussion, we know it wasn't the right house for us.

So next steps: we are taking our house off the market until early spring. That might be late January or sometime in February, depending on what our realtor suggests. We really love the team we are working with and trust that they'll steer us in the right direction.

Things that make me happy about waiting until spring:

1. Better inventory of houses for sale.
2. Better crop of interested buyers.
3. We get to spend our holidays without the stress of home buying/selling/moving.
4. When we do go back on the market, we'll already be ready for our staging since we've painted and installed our new granite. It'll just take a good weekend of cleaning and putting a few things away, and we'll be ready.

Real estate, we will meet again soon.

1 comment: