Wednesday, November 30, 2011

a nice place to visit...

And maybe I could live there.* I'm talking about New York City. For my past several visits, I've looked upon the harried parents, dragging their kids to and fro, silently loving my live as a Northern Virginian suburban. But on this last visit, for Thanksgiving, I found myself really seeing how awesome NYC could be for kids. There were so many parks to choose from near my brother's apartment!

The Hudson River Park, easy walking distance, was so nice! Of course, it was about 65 degrees that day and everyone was thrilled to be outside on a November day, but still. The organization of all the little areas --  even a place for skateboarders, who sometimes I feel get the shaft -- was amazing.

The kiddie playground was amazing. The play equipment must have been so expensive. This was no Little Tikes stuff. I bet it was European or something.


This is Levi, trying to fit in with the other cool New Yorkers. Of course, he would have had to trade in his Stride Rites for something a little higher class, but we're from out of town.

*Disclaimer: This is totally make-believe talk. After having lived in a house five years and amassed a houseful of large furniture, I think that -- and my dependence on free parking, closet space, shopping malls, etc. -- has firmly ensconced me in suburban life. And I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment