Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the germ pit

Levi and I went to the mall play place today, what I lovingly refer to as the germ pit. I'm not a hyper germaphobe, but I still cringe when I see a snotty kid running around in shared spaced like that. But I digress...


Today at the germ pit, this is what we learned:


1. Levi likes his personal space. Whenever a kid would get in his bubble, he'd put his arms out and sometimes make a monster face.


2. You don't have to be perfect to be happy. This lovely looking mother joined the pit with her three kids, 3.5 years, 17 months and 6 weeks. She had her infant strapped to her chest and kept having to pick up the runaway 17-month-old by his overalls, but she looked so put together and calm, smiling at her adorable kiddos. I thought to myself "wow, she really has it together!" even as she nursed her little baby under a cover while walking around, patrolling her kids. Then I realized her oldest daughter was wearing her jeans backwards. Perfect doesn't necessarily mean your clothes are on straight!


3. I am a mama bear. When some older (and should-have-known-better) kid started tromping on Levi and practically sitting on him, smushing him into a corner, it took all my restraint to not give that kid a real talking to. 


4. My son is part boy, part Swiss clock. He's playing, having fun, enjoying the commotion, then precisely at 3:00 he crawls to me, whines and starts digging at the diaper bag. Snack time! You'd think he'd forget about it with all the fun going on, but nope. We take a 15-minute break for strawberries and a graham cracker, then he's back in the game. "I'm ready for round two, coach."

No comments:

Post a Comment