Tuesday, September 27, 2011

(probably) the last paint job

Andy and I just finished what we think will be the last paint job in our current home. Ta da!



We first painted this living room in October 2006, shortly after we bought the house. It was originally a lovely mint and hunter green...


So we have put four coats of paint in this room since 2006. It was the first painting project, and the last. It was also the first time we've painted since Levi came into our lives, so that changed the game a little. We prepped during nap times and painted after bedtime, officially finishing the project at 3 a.m. on a Saturday night. Our conversations went something like this:

J: How long do you want to paint tonight? Should we just see how we feel at 11?
A: That sounds good.

20 minutes later...
A: I think we can finish this tonight!
J: Yes! Wouldn't that be great?

Another 20 minutes later...
A: I'm so tired. I think my feet are going to fall off.
J: I can't feel my knees anymore. My hands are cramping up. Oopsies...
A: What?
J: I just dropped the paint brush.

Another 20 minutes and a few cookies later...
A: I'm riding a cookie wave! I think we can do this!
J: Yes! We're almost done! I need another cookie!

Yes, it was a long night, but I will forever cherish the time I spent working side by side with Andy, listening to music that reminded us of different points in our relationship, strategizing how we'd tackle the wall (you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...), dabbing paint on Andy's nose as payback for him moving my chair while I was standing on it. I also spent a lot of time thinking of the people who would hopefully buy our house, whoever they are, that they too would feel love and happiness in this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment