Thursday, December 8, 2011

sweetie petey

Sweety Petey, that's what I call Levi when, well, he's being sweet. Today he was definitely a Sweety Petey. With my MOPS group -- Mothers of Preschoolers -- we visited a nursing home today to do a Christmas craft with some of the residents. Levi and I sat next to a nice 90-year-old lady with macular degeneration while we stuck stickers onto foam Christmas trees. Being in a new place, Levi was very quiet and serious. Eventually he wanted to get out of my lap, but just stood between my chair and the lady's chair. He put his little hand on her knee and looked up at her so sweetly. She petted his hair and rubbed her finger under his chin, cooing about how cute he was. He just stood there and stared at her, reached out to touch her diamond ring, and put his chin out for more tickles. I was so proud of him for being such sweet little boy and I hope that as he grows up, he learns how to be compassionate toward others who aren't as fortunate as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment