Monday, December 19, 2011

favorite christmas memories

In no particular order, some of the fun memories I swim in every now and then while getting ready for Christmas:

1. The Christmas Eve midnight mass we went to in Cleveland with my grandmother many years ago. When we came out, it had started to snow.

2. All the funny ornaments on my family tree, including a pair of my dad's baby shoes and a red elf ornament with peeling paint that looks more like a little devil.

3. My first Christmas married to Andy, spending it in our tiny apartment with hand-me-down furniture and a giant tree. Not much else.

4. Last Christmas, Levi's first. That morning was the first morning where he was able to find his binky on his own in the crib and put it back into his mouth. What kid sleeps in on Christmas morning, we asked ourselves.

5. My first Christmas spent in South Florida in sixth grade. It was so hot, I was wearing shorts. That just seemed wrong to me. Now I love Christmas in Florida when I can wear capris and a t-shirt.

6. The Christmas when I seemed to get nothing but stuffed animals. It was an amazing year for a little girl.

7. The Christmas Eve when I had a dream that the entire family room was covered in presents, including the walls and ceilings.

Less than one week until we make some more memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment