Thursday, October 27, 2011

daydreams

The house hunt is either so very close to being complete, or it's so very close to falling through and resuming in March. Who knows! But that's beside the point. I feel like we're so close, my mind keeps wandering off, decorating and DIYing and being creative in our new house, making it our own. In particular, I keep thinking of how I'll make the basement the most awesome, coolest, cutest, funnest (you get the point) place for my kid(s).

First I'll find some comfy little pouf chairs (like this one from Pier 1, but better) that'll be the base for a really fun, whimsical color palette:

And then I'll get really creative and assemble my own play kitchen using really inexpensive materials, like they do on Ikea Hackers:



And I'll find the cutest little accent rugs and fun bins for the built-in bookshelves, and I'll use a really great paint color that makes the basement feel bright and cozy at the same time, and... and...

And then I start thinking about the little office with the built-in bookshelves and fireplace that'll be my office/craft room and how I'll paint it that beautiful coral melon color I've always loved and get a white desk and put up some beautiful black and white photos of all my favorite things and I'll finally get a paper shredder like I know I should have, and... and...

It's fun to daydream, isn't it?

Oh, right, and I'll also get that sewing machine that'll I'll learn how to use so I can make my kid(s)' Halloween costume and my own drapes and pillows, and... and...

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful day dreams, Jenn! Knowing you, you'll turn them into realities...I just know it! I can't wait to see how you decorate your new home, whenever that may be. You have excellent taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree -- you are much better at follow through than me at least! lol. Are you on Pinterest? I love it. And there are SO MANY great daydream inspirations on there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello lovely lady, I dream of finally using my sewing machine and keep saying I need to make curtains so maybe when you get yours we can have sewing parties. ps. mrs i is correct. pinterest is awesome. i have all my day dreams on there.

    ReplyDelete