Sunday, October 2, 2011

the first rainy fall weekend

My favorite season is summer. I love the heat, the humidity, the air conditioning, the smell of grass, the way our neighborhood comes alive. So to me fall is the end of my favorite time. The days are shorter and I already start thinking of the time they will get longer again. The weather is really confusing, like this weekend when it started in the seventies on Friday and dropped twenty degrees by Saturday morning. It also rained all weekend long, the cold, drizzly kind that makes you want to hibernate. But I try to think of all the good that comes with fall. My list:

1. Sweater Andy. I met Andy in the fall of 2002, and he always wore sweaters. Dark greens ones that made his eyes look green, then stormy blue ones that made his eyes look blue. I am glad to see Sweater Andy come back and remind me of those early days.

2. Food. There's no denying that fall food is wonderful. Soon we'll break out the crock pot again, and I will again misjudge its capacity and make an overflowing pot of beef stew just the way I like it.

3. Pumpkin things. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are self-explanatory.

4. Thanksgiving. We're packing up and heading back to NYC for Thanksgiving again. It's one of the biggest organizational/listing/scheduling challenges of the year, and I love it.

5. Puffy vests. Not only do I love wearing puffy vests, but now Levi has a puffy vest! In orange! Like a little pumpkin. I cannot wait to put it on him.

I'm sure there are more reasons to love fall, but I think that's a pretty good start.

3 comments:

  1. pumpkin things may be the best things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pics Levi in his orange puffy vest!

    PS - how did I miss that you had more than just the one entry on here? Lucky I was reading Meg's blog and she linked to yours :) I'm so excited to read all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely post a pic!

    ReplyDelete