Monday, October 31, 2011

not the first time we've done this

Happy Halloween! I think the scariest thing about this year is that... it's not Levi's first Halloween! It's his second. Second?! It's so hard to believe that this year is all about Levi's seconds.


Rather than be nostalgic and sad that all those first holidays are over, I'm really excited. I had a similar feeling after Andy and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We finished all the first holidays and now we were free to just start enjoying, no pressure to make The First of anything extra special.

So to celebrate Levi's second Halloween -- since he's still too little to understand or benefit from real trick-or-treating -- today I will dress him up in his fireman costume and take him to the library to read books about spiders and pumpkins, then we'll go to the grocery store for a snack and shopping, then I'll make pumpkin bread for Levi's sweet treat. I'll let Levi help us answer the doorbell since he loves the sound of the doorbell. I think it'll be a good Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe.. it was a great Halloween with him but I'm not sure he understood or appreciated all of the funny looking kids at the door taking his toys (M&M bags) out of the candy basket!

    ReplyDelete