Friday, October 21, 2011

yes, indeed, i'm walkin'

I've had so many parents tell me "Watch out. When they start walking, it's all over." I respectfully disagree. Yes, I know Levi isn't running away from me in a parking lot yet or squirming his little hand out of my grasp at inopportune times, but I'm so excited he has started walking. I finally got the day I was hoping for when we went to Frying Pan Farm Park this week. I actually forgot the stroller by accident, but I'm so glad. Levi got to walk all over the place.


He's not 100% steady on his feet yet, but his newfound ability to stand up without using something (a wall or piece of furniture) made a huge difference. I could really see how much he was enjoying himself as he stood around, swinging his arms by his sides and taking in all his surroundings. We played on the playground, visited the animals, pet a sheep, looked at baby pigs and took a tractor wagon ride. It was such a quintessential kid day -- the kind that seems so far away when your baby is a lumpy little thing with no head control -- I couldn't help but smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment