Tuesday, October 4, 2011

staging

There's a breakable vase sitting on the floor in my basement rec room. My grandmother's cookie jar was placed (very, very temporarily) on the bottom shelf in my kitchen. There are lots of green and wispy plant type things scattered around. There is fake fruit and a decorative plate in my kitchen. None of these things look at all like something I'd have in my home, but I think this "staging" is all part of the process to get us thinking about our next home and detaching us a little from this one.

The house goes on the market in two days. In the meantime, we'll just keep telling Levi not to touch things and not to make too much of a mess with his toys, all buried out of sight. It'll be all worth it! It'll be all worth it! This is what I tell myself as I accidentally squirt Kaboom bathroom cleaner in my eye while getting the master bathroom all shiny and ready for buyers. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment